List of all Courses Offered in ABU 2021/2022. This article provides the full list of courses offered in Ahmadu Bello University and its faculties, With this article, all candidates aspiring for admission at Ahmadu Bello University will easily know the next step to be taken for their admission regarding the courses offered in the school.
What you need to know about Ahmadu Bello University
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) is a federal government research university located in Zaria, Kaduna State. ABU was founded on October 4, 1962, as the University of Northern Nigeria.
The university operates three main campuses: Samaru and Kongo in Zaria, and School of Basic Studies in Funtua. The Samaru campus houses the administrative offices, sciences, social-sciences, arts and languages, education, environmental design, engineering, medical sciences agricultural sciences and research facilities. The Kongo campus hosts the Faculties of Law and Administration. The Faculty of Administration consists of Accounting, Business Administration, Local Government and Development Studies and Public Administration Departments. Additionally, the university is responsible for a variety of other institutions and programs at other locations.
The university is named after the Sardauna of Sokoto, Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello, the first premier of Northern Nigeria.
The university runs a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs (and offers associate degrees and vocational and remedial programs). The university has a large medical program with its own A.B.U. Teaching Hospital, one of the largest teaching hospitals in Nigeria and Africa.
Why courses are approved and unapproved for Ahmadu Bello University
The courses offered in Ahmadu Bello University were approved by the Federal ministry of education, with structure and modality the school management board had put in place to promote quality learning.
There are courses that are are yet to be introduced and offered in the Ahmadu Bello University which the structure and modality have not been made for their programs.
Concerning the new additional courses that is yet to be introduced into Ahmadu Bello University curriculum, when it is officially approved, we will get you notified.
The reason why courses are changed for students by the school board after admission.
- Because of the poor grade obtained in the O’ level key subjects of the applied course.
- Because of the candidates poor cut off marks.
- Because of the poor post utme score obtained by candidates.
- Because of the rate at which candidates scored above others in the post utme exams, the candidates with lesser score are usually screened to offer few sub optional courses.
- Poor performance in school can also lead to a change of course (department).
List of all Faculties in Ahmadu Bello University
- ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN
- LIFE SCIENCES
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCE
- VETERINARY MEDICINE
List of all Courses Offered in Ahmadu Bello University
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- ADULT EDUCATION AND COMMUNUITY DEVELOPMENT
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ARABIC STUDIES
- AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL LAW
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SURGERY
- DRAMA/DRAMATIC/PERFORMING ARTS
- EDUCATION AND ARABIC
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HAUSA
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND ISLAMIC STUDIES:
- EDUCATION AND LANGUAGE ARTS:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING
- ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- FINE ART:
- FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE:
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT:
- GLASS TECHNOLOGY
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HUMAN KINETICS
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
- INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- ISLAMIC/SHARIA LAW
- LAND SURVEYING:
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LITERATURE IN ENGLISH
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE:
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING:
- MINING ENGINEERING:
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- TEXTILE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
- THEATRE AND PERFORMING ARTS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:
- VETERINARY MEDICINE
- WATER RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING