EKSU Admission List for 2023/2024. The Management Board of Ekiti State University has officially released its admission list for 2023/2024 for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
Every candidate that participated in the just concluded jamb / Post-UTME for admission into Ekiti State University is expected to follow the steps below in this article to easily access his / her result.
How to Check Admission Status
Checking your admission status is a crucial step in your journey to becoming a student at Ekiti State University (EKSU). Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Visit the EKSU Admission Portal: Start by accessing the official EKSU Admission Portal. You can do this by typing the portal’s URL into your web browser.
- Login or Register: If you already have an account on the portal, log in using your credentials. If not, you’ll need to register and create an account.
- Navigate to Admission Status: Look for the “Admission Status” or “Check Admission” section on the portal. It’s typically found on the homepage or in a menu.
- Provide Required Information: You’ll be prompted to enter specific details, which may include your JAMB registration number, UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) number, or other necessary information.
- Check Your Status: After inputting the required details, click on the “Check Admission Status” button. The portal will then display your admission status.
- Download Admission Letter: If you are admitted, you can usually download your admission letter from the same portal. This letter is essential for further admission procedures.
- Print and Keep: It’s advisable to have a physical copy of your admission letter for future reference.
What to Do if You’re Admitted
Congratulations if your admission status indicates that you’ve been admitted to EKSU! Here are the immediate steps to follow:
- Acceptance Procedures: Follow the instructions provided by EKSU for accepting the admission offer. This typically involves paying an acceptance fee and providing necessary documents.
- Payment Details: Ensure that you pay all required fees promptly. EKSU will provide information about payment methods and deadlines.
- Registration Process: Register for your courses and complete all administrative procedures as guided by the university. This step officially enrolls you as a student at EKSU.
EKSU Admission Requirements
Before applying for admission to EKSU, it’s important to be aware of the general admission requirements, which may include:
- A minimum score in the UTME (usually set by JAMB).
- Five O’Level credit passes in relevant subjects.
- Meeting the departmental and faculty requirements for the chosen course.
- Participation in the university’s admission screening process.
Specific admission requirements may vary by course and program, so it’s advisable to check the university’s official website or contact the admission office for detailed information.
Courses Offered at EKSU
EKSU offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across various faculties and departments. Some of the popular faculties include:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Engineering
To explore the complete list of courses and programs offered at EKSU, visit the university’s official website or contact the relevant department for detailed information.
EKSU Admission Screening Process
EKSU conducts an admission screening process to evaluate prospective students. This process typically involves the following steps:
- Submission of application forms.
- Screening of candidates based on academic qualifications.
- Writing of a post-UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) if required.
- Calculation of admission points based on UTME scores, O’Level results, and other criteria.
- Release of the EKSU Admission List to successful candidates.
The specific details of the screening process may change from year to year, so it’s essential to stay updated through the official university channels.
EKSU Admission Cut-off Marks
EKSU sets specific admission cut-off marks for various courses and programs. These marks may vary depending on factors such as the course’s competitiveness and the number of available slots. It’s crucial to meet or exceed the cut-off mark for your chosen course to have a better chance of admission.
The university usually publishes the cut-off marks on its official website and admission portal during the application period.
How to Pay Admission Fee
Once admitted to EKSU, you’ll need to pay various fees, including acceptance fees and tuition fees. To pay your admission fees, follow these steps:
- Log In to the Admission Portal: Access the EKSU Admission Portal using your login credentials.
- Navigate to Payment Section: Find the “Payment” or “Fees” section on the portal. It should provide details about the fees you need to pay.
- Select Payment Method: Choose a convenient payment method. EKSU often provides options such as bank payments or online payment gateways.
- Complete the Payment: Follow the instructions to complete the payment process. Make sure to keep the payment receipt as proof of payment.
- Confirmation: The portal should confirm your payment, and your admission status will be updated accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What should I do if my name is not on the EKSU Admission List? A1: Don’t lose hope! You can explore other options, such as supplementary admission or applying to other institutions. Keep monitoring the portal for updates.
Q2: Is there an admission cutoff mark for EKSU? A2: Yes, EKSU has specific cutoff marks for various courses. Make sure you meet or exceed the cutoff mark for your chosen course.
Q3: How can I contact EKSU’s admission office for inquiries? A3: EKSU usually provides contact information on its official website. You can reach out via email or phone for any admission-related queries.
Q4: Can I defer my admission if I’m unable to join this year? A4: EKSU’s policy on deferment may vary. It’s best to contact the university’s admission office for guidance on deferring your admission.
Q5: When will the EKSU academic calendar for the 2023/2024 session be released? A5: The academic calendar is typically released after the admission process is completed. Keep an eye on the university’s official communication channels for updates.
The release of the EKSU Admission List for the 2023/2024 academic session is a moment of great anticipation for aspiring students. By following the steps outlined in this article and staying informed, you can navigate the admission process smoothly. Congratulations to those who secure their spot at EKSU, and for those who don’t, remember that there are various paths to success in education. Best of luck in your academic journey!