List of all Courses Offered in FUTMINNA & its Faculties. This article provides the full list of courses offered in The Federal University of Technology, Minna. With this article, all candidates aspiring for admission at The Federal University of Technology, Minna will easily know the next step be taken for their admission regarding the courses offered in the school.
The Federal University of Technology, Minna is a Federal Government owned University in Nigeria. It was established on 1st February, 1983. The objective for its establishment is to give effect to the Nation’s drive for the much-needed self-reliance in Science, Engineering and especially Technology. It is a specialized University of Technology.
The pioneer Vice-Chancellor was Professor J.O. Ndagi who served from 1983 to 1990. He was succeeded by Professor S.O. Adeyemi from 1990 to 1994. Between 1994 and 1997, Professor I.H. Umar served as Sole Administrator. Professor S.A. Garba was briefly acting Vice-Chancellor between 26th June and 6th August, 1997. On 7th August, 1997 Prof. M.A. Daniyan became the third substantive Vice-Chancellor of the University till 6th August, 2002. Prof. J.O. Adeniyi served from 7th August to 2nd October, 2002 as acting Vice Chancellor. On 3rd October, 2002 Prof. H. Tukur Sa’ad assumed duty Vice-Chancellor, serving till 27th October, 2007. He was succeeded by Prof. M.S. Audu on 26th November, 2007 who was on the saddle till 26th November, 2012. Prof. Musbau Adewumi Akanji, the 6th substantive Vice-Chancellor of the University was appointed on 3rd of December, 2012 and he completed his tenure on 2nd December, 2017. The current Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Abdullahi Bala is the seventh substantive Vice-Chancellor of the University. He assumed duty on December 3, 2017.
Why courses are approved and unapproved for The Federal University of Technology, Minna
The courses offered in The Federal University of Technology, Minna were approved by the Federal ministry of education, with structure and modality the school management board had put in place to promote quality learning.
There are courses that are are yet to be introduced and offered in the The Federal University of Technology, Minna which the structure and modality have not been made for their programs.
Concerning the new additional courses that is yet to be introduced into The Federal University of Technology, Minna curriculum, when it is officially approved, we will get you notified.
The reason why courses are changed for students by the school board after admission.
- Because of the poor grade obtained in the O’ level key subjects of the applied course.
- Because of the candidates poor cut off marks.
- Because of the poor post utme score obtained by candidates.
- Because of the rate at which candidates scored above others in the post utme exams, the candidates with lesser score are usually screened to offer few sub optional courses.
- Poor performance in school can also lead to a change of course (department).
List of all Courses Offered in The Federal University of Technology, Minna
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION:
- AGRICULTURAL AND BIORESOURCES ENGINEERING
- ANIMAL PRODUCTION
- APPLIED GEOPHYSICS
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- COMPUTER WITH STATISTICS
- CROP PRODUCTION
- CYBER SECURITY SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
- ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE:
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- INDUSTRIAL EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
- INFORMATION AND MEDIA TECHNOLOGY
- MATHEMATICS WITH COMPUTER SCIENCE
- MATHEMATICS WITH STATISTICS
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
- METALLURGICAL AND MATERIAL ENGINEERING
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- SCIENCE EDUCATION
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:
- WATER RESOURCES, AQUACULTURE AND FISHERIES TECHNOLOGY