JAMB CAPS Portal 2024/2025 – Registration/login/Admission. The Jamb Caps admission portal is a platform for processing admission and checking admission status. Below is the guide to Jamb Caps admission registration process, how to get Jamb e-pin, how to choose your exam center, how to check your Jamb result etc.
Candidates wishing to be admitted into Nigeria’s tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) use the JAMB CAPS (Central Admission Processing System) platform, which is used by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to manage and expedite the admissions process.
JAMB CAPS Registration Process:
- Create a JAMB Profile:
- Visit the official JAMB website (www.jamb.gov.ng) or a JAMB-authorized registration center.
- Create a JAMB profile using a valid email address and phone number. You will receive a confirmation code on your email.
- Get JAMB e-Pin:
- Pay for the JAMB e-Pin at designated banks, online payment platforms, or JAMB-authorized registration centers. The cost may vary each year.
- After payment, you’ll receive an e-Pin, a unique 10-digit number, and a 20-digit number as the e-Pin for registration.
- Complete Registration:
- Visit the JAMB website and log in with your JAMB profile.
- Fill in your personal details, including your O’Level (WAEC, NECO, or its equivalent) result details.
- Choose the institutions and courses you wish to apply to. Note that JAMB usually has a maximum number of institutions a candidate can choose.
- Upload a recent passport photograph and your full name as it appears on your ID.
- Review your details to ensure they are accurate.
- Choose Examination Center:Select your preferred examination town or center.
- Print Registration Slip:Print your registration slip, which will include your examination details and a bar code.
- JAMB UTME Exam:On the scheduled examination date, go to the examination center with your registration slip, a valid ID card (usually your National ID, Driver’s License, or any other official identification), and your biometric (fingerprint) verification will be conducted.
- Check JAMB Result:After the exam, you can check your JAMB UTME result on the JAMB portal using your registration number.
How to Make a Choice of Institution
- During JAMB Registration: When you are registering for JAMB, you will be required to select the institutions where you wish to apply for admission. This typically occurs after you’ve created your JAMB profile, paid for the JAMB e-Pin, and are filling out your personal information.
- Selecting Institutions: You can choose up to a maximum number of institutions as specified by JAMB. The number of institutions you can select may vary from year to year, so it’s important to check the specific guidelines for the year of your registration. You can select universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education, depending on your educational goals.
- Choosing Courses: In addition to selecting institutions, you will also choose the courses you want to apply for in these institutions. Be sure to select courses that align with your interests and academic qualifications.
- Order of Preference: JAMB allows you to set your preferred order for the chosen institutions. This means you can prioritize the institutions based on your preferences. It’s important to select your top choices first because, in the admission process, if you are eligible for admission in more than one institution, you may be considered for admission in the institution you ranked higher.
- Confirmation: Review your choices carefully to ensure they are accurate before completing your JAMB registration. Once you’ve confirmed your choices and completed the registration process, you will not be able to make changes to your institution and course choices.
Post-UTME Screening Process
- Notification: After taking the UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) conducted by JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), you will receive notifications from the institutions to which you applied, informing you about the upcoming post-UTME screening. These notifications are typically made through the institution’s official website, email, text messages, or other official channels.
- Registration: To participate in the post-UTME screening, you must register on the institution’s designated portal. During this registration process, you’ll be required to provide personal details and pay a screening fee. Make sure to follow the instructions provided by the institution carefully.
- Choice of Subject Combination: During registration, you may be asked to choose a specific subject combination related to the course you intend to study. These subjects may be similar to what you chose for your UTME examination, or they may be tailored to the specific requirements of the institution.
- Screening Examination: The post-UTME screening typically involves a written or computer-based examination. The questions can be subject-specific, related to the course you are applying for, or they may include general aptitude and problem-solving questions. The format of the examination and the number of questions may vary depending on the institution.
- Assessment Criteria: Institutions use various criteria to evaluate candidates during the post-UTME screening process. These criteria often include your post-UTME score, your UTME score, your O’Level (WAEC, NECO, or equivalent) results, and other factors specific to the institution and course. The weight given to each criterion may differ from one institution to another.
- Admission Decision: After conducting the post-UTME screening, the institution compiles a list of admitted candidates based on their performance and other admission requirements. This list is typically published on the institution’s official website and sometimes on the JAMB CAPS (Central Admission Processing System) portal.
- Acceptance and Registration: If you receive an offer of admission, you will need to accept the offer on the JAMB CAPS portal and follow the specific instructions provided by the institution for the acceptance and registration process. This may involve paying acceptance fees, submitting required documents, and completing other registration steps.
How the Admission List Process typically works
- Post-UTME Screening and Evaluation: After conducting post-UTME screenings or considering other admission criteria, institutions assess candidates based on their performance in the screening, their UTME scores, and other relevant factors such as O’Level (WAEC, NECO, or its equivalent) results.
- Compilation of Admission List: Once the evaluation is complete, the institution compiles a list of candidates who have met the admission requirements and are offered admission. The admission list is organized according to specific courses or programs, and it may include the names, UTME registration numbers, and other relevant details of the admitted candidates.
- Publication: The admission list is typically published on the official website of the institution. Some institutions may also publish the list in prominent locations within the institution’s premises for candidates to check in person. Additionally, the list may be uploaded to the JAMB CAPS (Central Admission Processing System) portal, where candidates can access it.
- Checking Admission Status: To check their admission status, candidates need to visit the institution’s official website and navigate to the admission page. They will usually be required to enter their UTME registration number or JAMB registration number to access their admission status.
- Acceptance of Admission: If a candidate’s name appears on the admission list, they are typically required to accept the offer of admission within a specified period. This acceptance process often involves paying acceptance fees and completing other registration requirements.
- Registration: After accepting the admission offer, candidates are provided with instructions on how to complete their registration, pay school fees, and submit necessary documents to finalize their admission.
- Resumption: Once the admission and registration processes are complete, admitted candidates are expected to resume academic activities as specified by the institution. This includes attending orientation programs and lectures.
Admission Status Offers
Candidates may receive one of the following admission statuses on the JAMB CAPS portal:
- Offered Admission: This means the candidate has been offered admission by the institution.
- Not Admitted: This means the candidate has not been offered admission.
- Admission in Progress: This status indicates that the admission process is ongoing, and the candidate should check back later.
- Acceptance or Rejection: If a candidate is offered admission, they can either accept or reject the offer on the JAMB CAPS portal. It’s essential to make this choice within a specified time frame.