List of all Courses Offered in MOUAU & its Faculties. This article provides the full list of courses offered in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike. With this article, all candidates aspiring for admission at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike will easily know the next step be taken for their admission regarding the courses offered in the school.
The History of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, formerly Federal University of Agriculture, Umudike, was established as a specialized University by the Federal Government of Nigeria via Decree No 48 of 2nd November 1992. It began formal activities on May 1993 with the appointment of the first Council and Vice-Chancellor, Professor Placid C. Njoku on 27th May, 1993, while other key officials of the University were appointed later. Prof. Francis Ogbonnaya Otunta, a distinguished Professor of Mathematics is the 5th and present Vice-Chancellor of the University. He assumed office on Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
The Institution is located in the well-known Agricultural Training and Research town of Umudike, about 9 kilometers from Umuahia town, the capital of Abia State. The major link road to the University is the Umuahia – Ikot Ekpene Federal Road, a direct route to the State capitals of Abia, Akwa – Ibom and Cross River. Being close to Umuahia, the University is linked through a major North- South Express Road to most parts of the country. It commenced its activities at the premises of the former Federal College of Agriculture, Umudike (At present the Federal College of Agriculture has been moved to Ishiagu, Ebonyi state).
Why courses are approved and unapproved for Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike
The courses offered in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike were approved by the Federal ministry of education, with structure and modality the school management board had put in place to promote quality learning.
There are courses that are are yet to be introduced and offered in the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike which the structure and modality have not been made for their programs.
Concerning the new additional courses that is yet to be introduced into Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike curriculum, when it is officially approved, we will get you notified.
The reason why courses are changed for students by the school board after admission.
- Because of the poor grade obtained in the O’ level key subjects of the applied course.
- Because of the candidates poor cut off marks.
- Because of the poor post utme score obtained by candidates.
- Because of the rate at which candidates scored above others in the post utme exams, the candidates with lesser score are usually screened to offer few sub optional courses.
- Poor performance in school can also lead to a change of course (department).
List of all Courses Offered in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike.
- AGRIC-EXTENSION AND RURAL SOCIOLOGY
- AGRIC. BUSINESS
- AGRICULTURAL AND BIORESOURCES ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
- AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL PRODUCTION
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENTREPRENEURIAL STUDIES
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND TOXICOLOGY
- FISHERIES AND AQUATIC RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORESTRY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MGT.
- HOME ECONOMICS
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND TOURISM
- HUMAN NUTRITION AND DIETETICS:
- INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- PLANT SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- SOIL SCIENCE
- VETERINARY MEDICINE
- WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT AND AGROMETEOROLOGY
- ZOOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY