Taraba State University Admission List 2023/2024. The Management Board of Taraba State University has officially released its admission list for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates. Every candidate that participated in the just concluded jamb / Post-UTME for admission into Taraba State University is expected to follow the steps below in this article to easily access his / her result.
How to Check Admission Status
Checking your admission status at Taraba State University (TASU) is a crucial step in your academic journey. Follow these steps to find out if you’ve been admitted:
- Visit the official TASU admission portal.
- Look for the “Check Admission Status” or a similar link on the portal’s homepage.
- Input your JAMB registration number in the designated field.
- Click on the “Check Admission Status” button.
- If your name appears on the list, congratulations! You have been offered provisional admission into TASU.
- Ensure you print your admission letter for reference during the registration process.
What to Do if You’re Admitted
If you find your name on the TASU admission list, here are the next steps to take:
- Pay the stipulated acceptance fee within the given timeframe.
- Complete the online registration process on the TASU portal.
- Upload all required documents and passport photographs as specified.
- Attend the physical screening exercise if scheduled.
TASU Admission Requirements
TASU has specific admission requirements for prospective students. To be eligible for admission, you must:
- Possess a minimum of five (5) O’Level credit passes in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English.
- Score the required JAMB UTME cut-off mark for your chosen course.
- Meet any additional departmental or faculty-specific requirements.
Ensure you check the official TASU admission brochure for detailed information on specific course requirements.
Courses Offered at TASU
Taraba State University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various faculties. Some of the popular faculties and courses include:
- Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
- Business Administration
- Faculty of Science
- Computer Science
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- English and Literary Studies
- History and International Studies
- Theatre and Film Studies
Please refer to the TASU official website or admission brochure for a complete list of courses offered.
TASU Admission Screening Process
The TASU admission screening process involves the assessment of candidates based on their JAMB UTME scores, O’Level results, and other relevant criteria. The university typically conducts a physical screening exercise where candidates are required to present their original documents for verification.
During the screening process, you may be required to:
- Submit your JAMB result slip and admission letter.
- Present your O’Level result(s) or certificate(s).
- Provide a recent passport photograph.
- Complete a screening form with accurate information.
TASU Admission Cut-off Marks
TASU sets specific cut-off marks for each academic session and course. These cut-off marks are determined based on factors such as the university’s capacity and the competitiveness of the courses. To secure admission into TASU, you must meet or exceed the prescribed cut-off mark for your chosen course. It’s essential to regularly check the official TASU website for updates on cut-off marks.
How to Pay Admission Fee
To pay your admission fee at TASU, follow these steps:
- Log in to the TASU admission portal using your credentials.
- Navigate to the payment section.
- Choose the payment method that suits you best, whether through bank transfer, online payment, or at designated bank branches.
- Follow the payment instructions provided on the portal.
- After a successful payment, ensure you print the payment receipt for reference.
Remember to pay your admission fee within the stipulated deadline to secure your place at TASU.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What should I do if my name is not on the first batch admission list?
If your name is not on the first batch admission list, don’t panic. TASU often releases multiple batches, so your name may appear in subsequent lists. Keep checking the portal for updates.
2. How can I pay the acceptance fee?
You can pay the acceptance fee through the TASU portal using the available payment options, such as bank transfer, online payment, or at designated bank branches.
3. Can I defer my admission if I can’t join this academic session?
TASU’s admission deferral policy may allow you to defer your admission to the next academic session. Contact the university’s admission office for specific information and guidance.
4. Are there scholarships available for TASU students?
TASU offers various scholarship opportunities to deserving students. Visit the university’s scholarship portal for details on eligibility and application procedures.
5. How can I contact TASU admission support?
For any inquiries or assistance regarding TASU admission, you can reach out to the admission support team through the provided contact details on the university’s official website.
In conclusion, gaining admission to TASU is a significant achievement, and it marks the beginning of an exciting academic journey. Ensure you follow the steps mentioned here to check the admission list, pay your acceptance fees, and complete the registration process promptly. Best of luck on your path to academic success at Taraba State University!