ABSU Admission List 2023/2024. The Management Board of Abia State University has officially released its admission list for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates. Every candidate that participated in the just concluded jamb / Post-UTME for admission into the Abia State University is expected to follow the steps below in this article to easily access his / her result.
How to Check Admission Status
Checking your admission status is a crucial step in the process of securing a spot at Abia State University (ABSU). Here’s how you can check your admission status:
- Visit the ABSU Portal: Go to the official ABSU portal, which is usually www.absu.edu.ng.
- Navigate to the Admission Section: Look for the “Admissions” or “Admission Status” section on the website’s homepage.
- Provide Required Information: You will likely be asked to enter your JAMB registration number or your application reference number. Make sure you enter this information accurately.
- Check Your Status: After entering the required information, click on the “Check Admission Status” or similar button. Your admission status will be displayed on the screen.
- Acceptance or Further Instructions: If you are offered admission, follow the provided instructions to accept the offer and proceed with the next steps in the admission process.
What to Do if You’re Admitted
Congratulations on being admitted to ABSU! Here are the essential steps to take once you receive your admission letter:
- Acceptance of Admission: Log in to the ABSU portal and accept the admission offer within the stipulated time frame. This confirms your intention to study at ABSU.
- Payment of Acceptance Fee: Pay the required acceptance fee as specified in your admission letter. This fee is usually non-refundable and serves as a confirmation of your acceptance.
- Document Verification: Visit the university’s admission office for document verification. Ensure you have all the necessary documents, including your admission letter, JAMB result slip, and O’Level result.
- Payment of School Fees: Pay your tuition and other fees as instructed by the university. Be aware of the fee payment deadlines to avoid any inconveniences.
- Orientation: Attend the orientation program organized by ABSU to get acquainted with the campus, academic structure, and support services available.
- Registration: Complete the registration process for your chosen program, including course registration and obtaining your student identification card.
- Resumption: Be punctual and prepared for the official resumption date. Attend all mandatory sessions and lectures.
- Explore Campus Life: Get involved in extracurricular activities, join clubs or societies, and make the most of your university experience.
ABSU Admission Requirements
ABSU admission requirements may vary depending on the course of study and level (undergraduate, postgraduate, etc.). However, some common admission requirements include:
- For Undergraduates:
- Five credit passes in O’Level subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- A qualifying score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Successful completion of the ABSU Post-UTME screening.
- For Postgraduates:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum GPA or class of degree.
- Relevant work experience (for some programs).
Specific requirements for each program can be found on the ABSU website and in the admission brochure.
Courses Offered at ABSU
Abia State University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across various faculties. Some of the popular faculties and courses include:
- Faculty of Social Sciences: Economics, Sociology, Political Science, etc.
- Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences: Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, etc.
- Faculty of Engineering: Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, etc.
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences: Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, etc.
- Faculty of Arts: English Language and Literature, History, and International Relations, etc.
The complete list of courses and faculties can be found on the official ABSU website.
ABSU Admission Screening Process
The ABSU admission screening process is designed to select candidates who meet the university’s admission criteria. It typically includes:
- UTME Result: ABSU considers your UTME (JAMB) result as a crucial factor in the screening process.
- Post-UTME Screening: Candidates are required to participate in the ABSU Post-UTME screening exercise, which may include written exams and interviews.
- Document Verification: Successful candidates must verify their documents, including certificates and transcripts.
- Merit List: After a thorough evaluation, a merit list of admitted students is released.
ABSU Admission Cut-off Marks
ABSU sets specific admission cut-off marks for different courses and programs. These cut-off marks may vary from year to year based on factors such as the university’s capacity and the performance of applicants. It’s essential to check the official ABSU website or admission brochure for the specific cut-off marks for the year you are applying.
How to Pay Admission Fee
To pay your admission fee at ABSU, follow these steps:
- Log in to the ABSU portal using your student login credentials.
- Navigate to the “Payments” or “Fees” section.
- Select the type of fee you need to pay, such as acceptance fee, tuition fee, or other miscellaneous fees.
- Enter the required payment details, including the amount and payment method (usually online payment or bank deposit).
- Make the payment as instructed. If it’s an online payment, use a secure and recognized payment gateway.
- Keep the payment receipt as proof of payment.
- Verify your payment status on the portal to ensure it has been processed successfully.
Remember to adhere to payment deadlines to avoid any complications with your admission process. If you encounter any issues with the payment process, contact the university’s finance or admission office for assistance.
Your journey at ABSU promises academic excellence, personal growth, and a vibrant campus life. Embrace this opportunity with enthusiasm and determination.
Q1: When will ABSU release the 2023/2024 Admission List?
A1: The release date is typically announced on the ABSU website. Keep checking for updates.
Q2: How can I contact ABSU’s admission office for inquiries?
A2: Visit the ABSU website for contact information or visit the admission office in person.
Q3: What is the acceptance fee for ABSU for the 2023/2024 session?
A3: The acceptance fee may vary by program. Check the ABSU website for the most up-to-date information.
Q4: Are there hostels available for students on campus?
A4: Yes, ABSU offers accommodation options for students. Details can be found on the university’s website.
Q5: Can I apply for scholarships as a new student at ABSU?
A5: Yes, ABSU offers various scholarships for both new and returning students. Check the scholarship page for eligibility and application details.